Global Mobility Visa UK
The global business mobility visa UK was introduced in 2022 to support international mobility and boost the country’s economic development. The creation of this visa group was part of the UK government’s strategy to attract talent and investment from overseas.
The main purpose of the Global Mobility Visa is to enable overseas businesses to easily and quickly transfer their employees to the UK for specific tasks or projects, and to encourage international corporate partnerships and collaborations.
The Global Mobility Visa group consists of five different visa categories. These categories have been designed to meet the different needs of overseas businesses, providing flexible options for different business scenarios.
The introduction of the Global Mobility Visa group is a strategic move by the UK government to strengthen international business ties and encourage global labor mobility.
Types Of UK Expansion Worker Visa
The global business mobility visa in the UK is a specialized group of visas designed to facilitate international mobility and provide flexibility for overseas businesses and their employees. There are five different visa categories within this group:
- Senior or Special Employee Visa
- Graduate trainee visa
- UK business expansion visa
- Seconded worker visa
- Service provider visa
Although the purposes and conditions of each of these visas differ, they share a number of common features. In particular, they all aim to make it easier for skilled professionals who are key or specialized workers in their companies to enter and work in the UK. They also provide an opportunity for overseas companies to more easily expand their operations in the UK or to undertake corporate activities such as internships or short-term business trips. These visas also take into account the needs of companies to attract international talent and provide an efficient and smooth immigration process for applicants and their employers.
Senior or Special Worker Visa
The Senior or Special Worker visa in the UK is for highly skilled individuals who have unique skills or knowledge that UK companies need. This includes people in senior positions or those who have a particular specialization in their field.
- Confirmation that the candidate has unique skills or knowledge that cannot be found in the local UK labor market.
- A job offer from a UK employer that reflects a senior or specialized role.
- Proof of relevant work experience or education relevant to the role.
- Successful completion of a criminal record check and other mandatory security procedures.
- The Senior or Special Worker visa is usually granted for up to 5 years, but can be extended depending on circumstances. Holders of this visa are entitled to work for their UK employer on a full-time basis, to reside in the UK during the duration of the visa, and to employ members of their family as dependents.
In addition, holders of the Senior or Special Worker visa are able to apply for permanent residence after a certain period of staying and working in the UK.
Graduate Trainee Visa
The Graduate Trainee Visa is available to young professionals who want to gain practical work experience in the UK after completing their education. This is a great opportunity for talented graduates to develop and learn from professionals in their field.
- Successful completion of an education program at a UKVI recognized institution.
- Confirmation that the candidate has been selected for an internship or apprenticeship with a company or organization in the UK.
- Evidence that the internship or practicum is relevant to the candidate’s field of study or specialization.
- The candidate must be aged 30 years or older at the time of application.
- Possession of a valid passport and other documents proving the identity and purpose of the visit.
The graduate trainee visa is usually granted for a period of 6 months to 2 years, depending on the duration of the internship or practicum. Holders of this visa are entitled to work for their UK employer on a full-time basis, reside in the UK for the duration of the visa and bring their family members as dependents.
The UK Expansion Visa is for entrepreneurs or company representatives who wish to expand their operations in the UK by setting up a branch or representative office of their business.
- The representative must be appointed by a company outside the UK.
- The candidate must not have a controlling interest in the company.
- The business must have real and current commercial activities.
- Evidence of sufficient financial means to support themselves and dependents without access to state social assistance.
- A plan for expanding operations in the UK, including proposed growth and development strategies.
The UK Expansion visa is granted for up to 3 years, renewable for a further 2 years. After 5 years under this visa category and if certain conditions are met, the candidate can apply for permanent residence in the UK.
Holders of this visa have the right to work for their company in the UK, to reside in the UK for the duration of the visa, and to employ their family members as dependents.
Posted worker visa
The UK seconded worker visa is available to employees who are transferred to their company’s UK office from abroad. It allows companies to transfer their key employees to the UK for specific tasks or projects.
- The employee must have been employed by a company outside the UK for at least 12 months prior to the date of application (except in certain categories).
- The position to which the employee is seconded must be at RQF qualification level 6 or above.
- Evidence of professional qualifications relevant to the proposed role.
- Existence of a valid contract between the worker and the company.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to support themselves and dependants in the UK without access to state social assistance.
The posted worker visa is usually granted for a period of up to 5 years, after which it can be extended. Holders of this visa are only allowed to work for their company in the UK, reside in the UK for the duration of the visa and bring their family members as dependents. They are also free to travel to and from the UK during the validity of the visa.
Service Provider Visa
The UK Service Provider Visa is for individuals who are coming to the UK to provide services as part of a contract between their overseas employer and a client in the UK.
Requirements for obtaining a service provider visa:
- The candidate must provide proof of an existing contract between their overseas employer and a client in the UK.
- Evidence that the worker is actively employed by the overseas employer and has no intention of engaging in non-contractual activities in the UK.
- The candidate must prove that they have the necessary qualifications and experience to carry out the work specified in the contract.
- Proof of sufficient financial means to live in the UK without access to state social assistance.
This visa is granted for the period of time specified in the contract, but usually does not exceed 12 months. Service provider visa holders are only entitled to work within the terms and conditions specified in the contract and cannot undertake additional work. They also have the right to reside in the UK during the period of the visa and to bring in dependants. Travel to and from outside the UK is also allowed during the validity of the visa.
How to apply for a global mobility visa UK
Applying for a visa in the UK requires a certain procedure and the submission of specific documents. To begin with, all applicants must make their applications online at the official website of the UK government – gov.uk. This process involves filling out an appropriate form in which the applicant needs to provide their personal details, purpose of visit and other relevant information.
After completing the form, the applicant needs to confirm his/her identity using the Check ID system. This step is important to verify the data and ensure the security of the process.
The applicant will then need to provide a number of documents that verify the information provided. These documents include, but are not limited to, proof of financial status, evidence of the purpose of the visit, and other necessary materials.
The final step is to visit the visa application center. At this stage, the applicant is fingerprinted and photographed to create a biometric passport, which is an integral part of the visa application process.
Costs of Global Mobility Visas
When considering applying for one of the ‘global mobility’ visas in the UK, potential applicants should enquire about the relevant fees and financial requirements.
For the Specialist Worker visa, fees can vary depending on the specific conditions and range from £625 to £1,423. However, it is worth noting that for all other visas under this category, the standard fee is £259.
In addition to the basic visa fee, applicants should also consider the immigration fee, which is £624. This fee is designed to cover various administrative costs in the application process.
Special attention should be paid to the financial aspect of staying in the UK. To successfully complete the visa application process, the applicant must provide evidence that they have sufficient funds to support themselves for the period of stay in the country. This requirement implies that the applicant has a stable source of income or sufficient funds in a bank account.